Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Goods

Lately I have been thinking about how things in life happen and are not even noticed after a while. Be it physical mannerisms or habits. For me, I've been thinking about things in life that I like. I'm going to make this an ongoing project and I'm going to be very specific. We'll see how it works.

playing music with friends
meeting new interesting people
thinking about girls I've liked the day after I met them
wind blowing through pine trees (favorite sound)
washing face with clean river/spring water
summiting a peak
hiking with friends
south facing windows
going back and forth with someone about a specific topic using minimal word (i.e. 80s and 90s baseball players, 80s metal bands, sarcastic reasons why women should stay at home)
runners high
a well functioning bike
aimlessly bike riding on warm summer nights
dumpster diving with friends
seeing a sunset and sunrise without going to sleep
sleeping in the woods
feeling comfortable around people
seeing a big tree in the middle of the forest
watching animals in the wild
birds on bird feeders
being alone in the forest
finding archaeological sites
working on bicycles
certain songs that give me an indescribable feeling
martin luther king speeches
laughing at inappropriate times
playing guitars, banjos, mandolins, etc. in music stores
knowing that I can really do whatever I want
making a pretty looking dinner
making food for other people
when people ask me to sing songs I have written
when people ask me to play songs by other people (that I like)
getting a new album and not being able to listen to anything else for a week without feeling like I'm betraying that album
thinking about the past (before I was around)
thinking about how much there is to do in the future
thinking about places I want to go
doing little things for people that they'll never know about
relaxed dogs
stupid jokes between friends
good fitting jeans
broken in running shoes
feeling exhausted after a day of hard work
the forgotten thoughts that happen right before sleep
dreams that make me feel better than in waking life
sweet flannel and plaids shirt acquired cheaply at thrift stores
good "bad" music (scorpions, alabama, gin blossoms, etc.)
desert sunrises
smell of sagebrush in the morning during summer
the insanity of monsoons
dry, windy lightning storms
seeing mountains after being away from them for a while
reading a book until it's impossible because I am falling asleep

all for now

No comments: